quarta-feira, 15 de junho de 2011

Heroes

I've asked my students to write about their heroes. I have read many good compositions because their words had come from their hearts.


There was one in special that has caught my attention and I want to share it with you.


Don't be fooled like I was... At first I thought it would be an OKAY composition because I am not a fan of her heroine, but then it ended up being a great story!


"MY HERO


The dictionary describes the word hero by a wonderful man, his history, and his value. On the other hand, I describe the word hero by just one name... Demi Lovato!
Demi was born on August 20, 1992 and today she is a famous actress, singer, and songwriter. Demi starred in a lot of movies and series on television like Barney & Friends (when she was just 10), Camp Rock 1 and 2 (with jonas Brothers), Sonny With a Change, As the Bell Rings, and Princess Protection Program. Demi still got 2 albums named "Don't forget" and "Here we go again". Demi has the life of every girl's dream of her age, but her life isn't as pink as it seems.
When Demi was still a child, she suffered bullying from her school "friends" for being a little overweight. This made the girl spend days crying and very sad. It had got so serious that she started studying at her house.
When Demi became a teenager, it all got worse. Demi became a girl with bulimia, started showing signs of depression and cutting herself. As Demi didn't want anyone to know what she was feeling, she hid everything from the media, friends, and her family. That only made the situation get worse.
In 2008, when Demi was in a premiation, cuts were viewed in her arms, showing her biggest secret to the whole world. Luckly, demi came up with a story and said that it was only a mark left by a bracelet.
Everything was alright again, but not for so long.
Demi has always been the Jonas Brothers' best friend and in 2010 she has admitted a relationship with one of the band members, Joe Jonas, well known for stealing the girls' hearts and hurting them. With Demi, it wasn't different, after two months of relationship, Joe broke up with her making her level of depression goes from bad to worse.
As Demi would go on tour with Jonas Brothers, she had to pretend she was feeling good, that her relationship with Joe was of best friends again and that she could handle it all with Joe and his new girlfriend by his side. Once again, Demi was wrong. She was so nervous about this situation that she hit one of her friends in a small fight. It was too much for Demi, so, on November 1 of the same year, Demi entered into a rehabilitation clinic. Demi stayed there for 3 months just seeing her family. On January 22, Demi went out of the clinic and she was feeling really better about herself.
Today, Demi acts in a campaign called "Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect" and she tattooed on her wrists "STAY STRONG" just to remember everyday that no matter what, she has to keep her head up.
Demi is my inspiration and my hero for showing the world that no matter the physical characteristics or problems you have in your life, if you really love and waht something, you'll get it. She taught me that we shouldn't care about what others say or think about us, this doesn't lead you anywhere. She taught me that everyone can talk a lot, but it won't change who we are on the inside, taught me that the real friend will believe us and the others, well, you don't need them to believe you. she also taught me that nobody is perfect, but we all have something special t show everyone, taught me that in life we'll have to face a lot of things, but we shouldnt give up about what we really want. Finally, she taught me to believe in my dreams and STAY STRONG, NO MATTER WHAT!".






I am not a fan of Demi. However, this composition was written with passion and I had to share it with you!
I hope you get inspired and follow her message.


I would like to thank my lovely student who allowed this post! Thanks, girl! You did an amazing job when you wrote this composition!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário