quinta-feira, 9 de junho de 2011

Fun facts

This week I am really stressed 'cause I am separating all documents that I might need to get my VISA next week.

I just need to make some copies, pay the tax, and wait for the interview next week...

Well, I'll talk about it in another post.

I've decided to start this one like that to get to the point... 

The only reason for that is my mom. Yeah...   One day she woke up wanting to go to NYC. 


So I am planning the trip... I've made all the reservations myself and in order to make it, I had to search a lot.

Here you have some facts about the city that doesn't sleep (according to Frank Sinatra):


  • New York's Central Park is larger than the principality of Monaco.
  • New York bought the land for Central Park and removed about 1,600 immigrants and African Americans who lived there.
  • Located  between 59th and 110th streets, and 5th and 8th Ave.
  • Area: 843 acres (3.41 km2).
  • It has a zoo with 130 different species like giant and cutPolar Bears.
  • During summer you can even take a ride on a Gondola! (O sole mio... )


  • There are 6,200 subway cars that stop at 468 different subway stations.
  • An average of 4.9 million people ride the New York City subway each weekday.

  • Around 790,000 companies operate in New York City.

  • Over than 250 feature films are shot on location in New York City each year.




3 comentários:

  1. Hey, NY is really an excting place to visit. I've been there once and I still remember everything with details. It's amazing! You'll love it.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Thanks, baby!
    I am sure I will!
    Big cities are my favorites!

    ResponderExcluir