quarta-feira, 13 de julho de 2011

Vacation

Are you enjoying your vacation?

Here I am to tell you that you shouldn't forget the contact with the English language this month.
Why not watching a movie in English? If you don't feel 100% sure, get English subtitles and then do it!




Well... You might be thinking... What if I don't understand anything? 

So, I'll tell you my experience. I started studying French this year and some months ago I decided to watch a "Never Seen Before" movie in French with Frech subtitles. Did I understand everything? Of course not! However, I was able to understand the context, the situation. I don't know the exactly words they've used, but I can tell the story of the movie.

It was easier than reading because you have more input. You have the image, the sound, and the sibtitles.
So you should give a shot!!! You will see that you know more than you imagine and if you don't watch it in Portuguese, you can watch it again in a year and check your progress!

If I were you, I'd go to the supermarket now to buy some popcorn and soda, call some friends and HAVE A BLAST!!!

If you want to talk to someone about what movie you should watch, write me, okay?

Have fun!
Enjoy your vacation!
And study in a fun way!








2 comentários:

  1. Well, I couldn't agree more. I LOVE movies and by watching them with subtitles in English I do learn a lot! Besides, it's a wonderful way to use my spare time....rs...

    Nice idea! Time to watch a new movie..in French too...

    ResponderExcluir
  2. I have some episodes. La maison de Mickey that I haven't seen yet! We could watch them together, I don't have the subtitles, though.

    ResponderExcluir